Thursday, October 6, 2011

Freedom Within You

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

2 Corinthians 3:17

I encourage you to meditate on this verse today. "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." Where is the Spirit of the Lord? The Spirit of the Lord is Holy Spirit, and Holy Spirit lives inside every one of us who relies on Jesus alone for our salvation. That means there is freedom inside of us! It's not something we have to keep searching for - it is within us. Psalm 139:7-10 says:


Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.


There is nowhere we can go without Holy Spirit. That means we have freedom within us ALL THE TIME! We are no longer bound by sin and destruction, but we are always free to live life to the fullest. We are free from all oppressions. We are free to enjoy the many blessings God bestows upon us!

Do you recognize your freedom in the Spirit each day? Walk in His goodness and mercy. Don't voluntarily submit to the arrest of Satan; resist the devil on the grounds of already having been freed! He will flee from you. You are free. Forever.

Father God, thank you that you sent Jesus to this earth to bring us freedom. Thank you for freedom. Please forgive us for when we have taken our freedom for granted. We want to experience life to the fullest in your freedom. Please teach us to walk in this freedom and live according to your Spirit each and every day. In Jesus’ name, amen!

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom, and the Spirit of the Lord is within you.

credits from: http://prod.daily-devotionals.net/



No comments:

Post a Comment